There are many features that one may not have noticed in WeChat. WeChat is a social networking application running on various platforms. It provides a lot of services apart from text and voice chats, and audio and video calls.
Surprisingly, according to TechCrunch, WeChat provides more than one million mini-programs which are almost half the size of the entire Apple’s App Store.
In this post, I am going to share some of the features, tips, and tricks while using WeChat.
“Do Not Disturb” Setting
- If you are frustrated with irritating notifications while you are sleeping or attending an official meeting, you can keep your WeChat mute for the specified you want it to be. To do this:
- To do this: Me > Setting > Do Not Disturb
- Enable Do Not Disturb and specify the time to keep your notifications off.
Chinese – English Translation
- With the WeChat’s 7.0.0 release, now you can use WeChat to translate Chinese texts into English and vice versa.
- To use the WeChat’s translation feature: Discover > Scan > Translate
- Snap when your camera covers the area that contains Chinese or English text that you want to translate.
- Note that to use this, you will need an internet connection.
Use @ to Enter a Chat Group’s Member Name
- In any group chat, type @ in the message box.
- You will be prompted with a new window asking you to select which friend that you want to tag. Choose your friend by tapping on their name.
Always Clear Your LocationIf you are searching people near by using WeChat don’t ever forget to clear your location. If you forget to clear it, other people doing the same will be able to find you! If you want to maintain this privacy, it is recommendable to clear your location.
You Know Others?
If you know other than the above tips and tricks, share in comments!