Hacking and its Types
There are many types of hacking. In this post, I am going to share various types of hacking.
Hacking has been a part of computing for approximately 57 years. The term HACKER was originated in 1960 when the first known event of hacking took place at MIT(Massachusetts Institute of Technologies).
Hacking is a process of gaining unauthorized access to computer resources. In other words, it is breaking into someone’s computer without permission.
Then, who is a Hacker?
The person who does the act of hacking is called a hacker. He or she is someone who seeks and exploits a weakness in a computer system.
Types of Hacking
- Ethical Hacking
- Website Hacking
- Network Hacking
- Email Hacking
- Password Hacking
- Computer Hacking
- Online Banking Hacking
- Ethical Hacking: Ethical Hacking is where a person finds weaknesses in the computer system and getting them fixed. They usually do for testing proposes.
- Website Hacking: Hacking which involves taking control of the website owner and make changed in the information. To avoid hacks on websites, secure them with SSL.
- Network Hacking: Network Hacking generally means gathering information about domain using the various tools. Tools like telnet, Ping, Tracert, etc.
- Email Hacking: Unauthorized access to email accounts and using it without the permission of its owner.
- Password Hacking: The process of trying to crack the secret passwords from the data that had been already stored in the computer system.
- Computer Hacking: Person will steal information from PC like Computer ID and password by applying hacking methods.
- Online Banking Hacking: Hacking which involves unauthorized accessing bank accounts by creating fake websites.
All the types of hacks mentioned above can be done effectively using the concepts of social engineering. Basically, it is the non-technical method of hacking which involves the art of manipulation of human behavior to gain unauthorized access.
Why do Hackers Hack?
There are many reasons why people hack. Some of the reasons are listed below:
- Just for fun.
- Steal important information.
- To damage the system
- Destroy someone’s privacy
- Money Extortion
- System security testing
- Destroy enemies computer network during the war.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Hacking
- It helps us to recover lost information in case we lost our password.
- To perform penetration testing to strengthen computer security.
- Teaches us that technology is not really 100% secure.
- It’s illegal
- It can harm someone’s privacy.
- A malicious attack on the system.
- Unauthorized access to private information isn’t good.
- Criminals can use it to their advantage.
How to give a password to an account?
- Choose a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Create a unique password.
We should keep our password protected by not exposing to untrusted sites. The password should be with the combinations of characters, numbers, digits and special symbols. Practice using exact web address and we should close our internet while not in use.
You may also like to read: